Katy Perry: "Women Are Like Cats"

katy perry i kissed a girl cover
katy perry i kissed a girl cover
katy perry i kissed a girl cover
katy perry i kissed a girl cover
katy perry i kissed a girl cover
katy perry i kissed a girl cover

Katy Perry has admitted that she believes women are like cats.

The 'I Kissed A Girl' singer made the comparison when discussing the inspiration behind her new perfume range Meow, which she confessed is not due to her love of the feline creatures.

Speaking to American entertainment show Extra, she said: "It stems from cat hate, actually. I didn't really understand cats until my first cat, Kitty Purry, walked into my life and wouldn't leave.

"I started to realise I think women are like cats. They want to be loved on their own time; they want people to earn their affection. And they won't meet you at the door unless you're really nice."

Katy also unveiled a new short blonde hair and admitted "blondes have more fun" as she launched her new product.

Meanwhile, having wrapped up her California Dreams world tour recently, the 'One That Got Away' star is aiming to take some time off before she starts work on her third studio album .